Procedure to follow in case of school accident
If your child has had a school accident and in consequence, if medical care or hospitalisation is needed, you should complete the accident declaration form, which was given to your child upon leaving the infirmary.
What are the steps to follow ?
- The first section of the declaration should be completed. It is important not to forget to sign it.
- The second section should be completed by the doctor who treats your child's injury.
- The completed document should be returned to the infirmary within 15 days.
- You should pay all bills. You will then receive certificates of care that you should provide to your health or 'mutuelle' insurance company.
- Upon presentation of the accounts of your insurance or 'mutuelle' to Ethias insurance, they will refund the amount which remains at your expense after the intervention of your health insurance.
- Once we receive your declaration, we will send you a letter communicating the address of Ethias, the name of a contact person, as well as your file number. The reimbursement will be transferred to the bank account number you indicate on the accident declaration form.
For further information, please contact Ethias.