- is responsible for overseeing maintenance efforts across the school.
- manages maintenance activities for the upkeep of buildings, landscapes and offices.
- oversees a range of custodial and maintenance activities.
- resolves problems as they arise whether directly or by assembling teams to solve those issues.
- reports to the Deputy Director of Finances and Administration.
- Maintenance and upkeep of all buildings and of the school campus
- Coordinate maintenance worker efforts to make sure employer property like buildings and grounds are kept up
- Identify areas for improvement and assign workers to take care of issues
- Develop maintenance schedules and enforce them among maintenance staff
- Respond to emergency calls for maintenance
- Manage the set up and take down of different events
- Perform troubleshooting to solve minor repair issues
- Communicate plans for upper level improvements to maintenance worker staff
- Contact and schedule repairmen and extra help as needed
- Contacts with local authorities for all necessary works to ensure the smooth safe running of the whole school environment
- Preparation of maintenance procurement procedures and follow up of them.
- Minimum bachelor's degree in industrial engineering or equivalent professional experience.
- The official working language is French. A thorough knowledge of the English language is essential. Knowledge of the Dutch language is an important asset as well.
- Proficiency in MS Office IT tools, flexibility, and ability to learn quickly from other IT tools specific to our organization
- Very good organizational, planning, cooperation and communication skills, as well as ability to carry out instructions and tasks; experience in management and maintenance
- Responsible, dynamic, rigorous, and willing to invest in a small team.
- Start date: 1st September 2019
- Full-time –37 1/2 hours a week.
- Permanent contract in accordance with the Belgian legislation and the Administrative and Ancillary Staff (AAS) Regulations of the European Schools. Information on working conditions is available on the official website of the European Schools (www.eursc.eu) in the directory "Official Texts / Basic Texts" under "Service Regulations for the Administrative and Ancillary Staff (AAS) of the European Schools".
- Minimum initial monthly salary of €4.204,16.
Are you interested?
Please send your application (cover letter, CV and copy of your diploma) to Mrs. Javiera Veas-Bendeck, ONLY by email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org by 19 June 2019, 12 noon, at the latest.
Please note that if the Selection Committee retains your application, the tests will take place at the end of June/beginning of July 2019.